Commercial waterproofing is a big investment and too important a job for a company you don’t trust. Waterproofing ensures your building is water-resistant, making it less affected by water during hurricane season and unexpected hazards. Next to your home, your commercial property is probably your biggest investment. When you need such specialized services, trust the experts at A-1 Tropic Painting and Waterproofing in Deerfield Beach. We have extensive experience weatherproofing and waterproofing buildings and we understand its significance, particularly in wet, humid climates.
Get to Know the Company
It isn’t recommended to hire a company until you know everything about them. Useful information to acquire about the company is:
- How long they have been in business – always choose the company with more years of experience (five or more years) unless they have bad reviews.
- What their customers say – read reviews with several different ratings and only trust websites with verified customers, like Angie’s List.
- Speak with them beforehand – it’s recommended to know all the services you need and contact the company to find out if they are capable of completing all aspects of the job. For example, if you need mold testing, and foundation reparations, make sure to hire a company that can handle all these requirements.
- Learn about their warranties – big investments should have warranties. If the company takes pride in their work and products, they will offer a warranty that speaks to their quality.
In addition to this, we recommend choosing a company that specializes in waterproofing. General contractors may be more affordable, but specialized contractors get the job done correctly. Our team specializes in painting and waterproofing services for high-rise condominiums and commercial buildings. Our decades of experience in these fields exemplify the quality of our work. Furthermore, the contractors under our team are certified and have a reliable background.
Licensed, Bonded, and Insured Contractors
For your own protection, we recommend hiring a company that is bonded to protect yourself of the risks associated with the job. Additionally, their contractors should have insurance coverage. Don’t forget that some aspects of the job require permits, so to avoid trouble with local authorities, make sure the company is fully licensed. You can rest assured that at A-1 Tropic Painting & Waterproofing, all our experienced contractors are licensed and insured to protect our workers and our clients.
Waterproofing contractors may have the same titles, but not the same experience. As such, some contractors will be able to detect all signs of water damage, even those that aren’t as obvious as peeling paint. Additionally, they should be able to see areas of potential concern to prevent future problems. The more experience they have in these areas, the likelier they have the necessary experience in all facets of the job.
Detailed Plan of Action
When you feel confident with the company, ask them to write up a contract. Make sure the contract is highly detailed and leaves no room for questions. You should know everything that will be involved in the project and if anything is confusing, ask for clarification. When the company provides you with a detailed contract, it protects you in case they try to get out of completing everything.
Don’t be Afraid to Ask Questions
When in doubt, ask the front desk and contractors questions about the job. We have addressed some of the information you must acquire, such as licensing, insurance, and warranties. In addition to this, a few good questions to ask are:
- How and when will the work be handled?
- How long will the project take to complete?
- Is there anything you need to do to prepare?
- How long are the repairs expected to last?
We know, there is a lot that goes into finding a contractor who is highly skilled, honest, and reliable. If you live in Central or South Florida, you can simplify this process by contacting our experienced team. We encourage you to thoroughly research our company to gain the peace of mind that you’ve made the right decision.For quality service, contact us at A-1 Tropic Painting and Waterproofing for commercial waterproofing. Call (561) 670-2653 for a free estimate.